Our weekly newsletter is back for 2020. If you have any news, notices or results each week don’t be whakamā – send them in and share them with the team. If you need to contact anyone about anything then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinator Jamie White and our club president Michael Wray.
Options for the week
- Tuesday 5.30pm, Waterfront 5km, Outside Mac’s Brewbar on Taranaki Wharf. Come and run, volunteer or support 🙂
- Wednesday 6.15pm, Newtown Park Track workout. Meet 6.15pm for 6.30pm start, lead by Andy and Rowan, shorter distance track reps.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Newtown Track workout – contact Chandima for info, or check Facebook for details. Longer track reps with a focus on building towards major events.
- Saturday 8.00am. Xterra Festival, Queen Elizabeth II Park, Paekakariki.
- Saturday and Sunday. Wellington Track and Field Champs at Newtown Park. (Entries close tomorrow evening so get them in.)
- Sunday 8.30am. Round the Bays 2020 – Meet your pacers and Run with Scottish. Outside Freyberg Pool Carpark, Oriental Bay.
- NZ 3000m Championships in Hastings: Fast times by Niam Macdonald 8:43.19 and Seamus Kane 8:50.88 – Results
- We had a huge Scottish contingent enjoying the sunshine at Jumbo Holdsworth this weekend. Hooper Loop: Amy Auld – 1.23, Dani Stevens – 1.31, Abi Pitman – 1.32, Kath Littler – 1.40, Lindsay Young – 1.45, Chris Howard – 1.45. Jumbo-Holdsworth: James Richardson – 2.56, Mel Aitken – 3.11 (1st place), Emma Bassett – 3.41, Malcolm Kerr – 3.51, Danielle Trewoon – 3.53, Jamie Vessiot – 4.06, Nicolas Vessiot – 4.07, Kate Slater – 4.46, Clare Mckinlay – 5.14, Emma Sturmfels – 5.14, Don Stevens – 5.25. Holdsworth-Jumbo: Marketa Langova – 4.52, Jasmine Smith – 4.53. Results
- WHAC Honest Ten – Hermaleigh Townsley ran 51.08. Results
- Lucas Duross was first overall at Napier Port Harbour to Hills Triathlon yesterday. Results and newspaper article
- Waterfront 5km PBs to Conor Doherty-Craig, Richard Wilson, Meg Fahey and Megan Ferry. Results
- Malcolm Hodge won the Icebreaker Steveston 8km in British Columbia last week in 24.45. Results
Round the Bays, 16 February, Frank Kitts Park
Round the Bays is the biggest running festival in Wellington. It’s one of our best opportunities to invite new people to join the club.
Michelle Knight will be coordinating that recruitment drive. If you think you can help either beforehand with promotion, publicity and administration support or on the day handing out flyers, staffing our tent and talking to people about Scottish contact her.
Todd Stevens, email@example.com is still looking for two pacers to help with the event a 1.45 for the half marathon and 40min pacer for the 10km, plus three lead bikers. Please let him know if you want to help.
Matairangi Fun Run, 23 February Hataitai Velodrome,
Open to the public, the Matairangi Fun Run, based on Mount Victoria, runs over the iconic Vosseler Shield course. There are two = race options: the One Loop Race (5 km); or the Two Loop Race (two 5 km loops, adding up to 10 km). Each loop has approximately 190 metres of elevation.
McVilly Shield Relay, 7 March, Karori Park
The McVilly Shield is the first club event for the season and a great way to get to know other people in the club. This relay has teams of three people each. Everyone can participate, runners, walkers, J Team, seniors, masters and friends of the club.
Each team must do ten laps of Karori Park. No individual team member can do more than four laps. But you can do the laps in any order you like. The race is randomly handicapped after the teams start.
Welcome to new members Tom Wigglesworth and Willie Stephens.
- Our full events calendar is available on our website. It is also available as a Google Calendar that you can add to your own electronic diary.
Keep in touch with the club via:
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here