THE OLYMPIC HARRIER and ATHLETIC CLUB (INC)
PROUDLY PRESENTS THE
2023 SHAW BATON RELAYS
Saturday 29 April 2023
VENUE: Battle Hill Farm Park — Pauatahanui, Paekakariki Hill Rd, Porirua, Wellington. (6km north of Pauatahanui General Store).
DISTANCE: 2km laps – cross-country
COURSE: Grass, gravel tracks, mostly flat to undulating with one sharp uphill and downhill. Log jumps and a water jump. Course marked with Red & White flags. Go through ‘gate’ when two flags are set together or up to 5 metres on either side of flags set alone. Failing to follow the correct course may result in disqualification.
|RACE TIMES:||1:00PM||(4 runners per team)|
|1k Fun Run||BU10, GU10 – mass start|
|||2:00PM||(4 runners per team)|
|Boys, Girls & Mixed||BU14, GU14, BU12, GU12, mixed|
|||2:50PM||(4 Runners per Team)|
PLEASE NOTE: Age is your age as of 31 December 2022, or in the case of masters, age on the day of the event.
COME AND TRY CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING
The relays are open to teams from schools, colleges and recreation runners who are welcome to enter in age/gender grades as above
ENTRY PROTOCOLS — RACE RULES:
- This year we will be using electronic timing.
- Team relay entries must be submitted online by club officials via the online link (this link will be provided the week before the event). Entries will close at 11.59 pm Thursday 27 April.
- Please use timing batons provided by the race host.
- Club teams to wear race letters/numbers as allocated by your club on the front of the singlet. Visiting teams please show the race numbers to be used on the entry form.
- Non-club teams will need to supply letters and/or numbers for their respective teams.
- No runner may run more than one lap for any A and/or B team across all grades and races.
- Next lap runners must enter the start line from the side access, NOT VIA FINISH CHUTE where runners are finishing.
- First aid is available.
- Toilets are available, no changing facilities so come prepared.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS ARE PERMITTED AT BATTLE HILL FARM PARK
- Results will be posted on the Olympic Harrier Club website.
- Winning team members — please remain for prize giving which will be immediately after each relay race.
- Trophies: Shaw Baton Trophies for:
- Senior men
- Senior women
- Masters men 35+
- Masters men 50+
- Masters women 50+
- Masters men 60+
- Junior men U20
- Junior women U20
Miniature batons for winning team athletes of the above races. Medals for U10 boys and girls scratch race. Medals for winning teams in Boys U16/U14 and Girls U16/U14 — Boys U12 and Girls U12