An iconic series of three winter events open to anyone who want to experience varied running/walking trails covering nine iconic peaks of Wellington, New Zealand’s capital.
Wellington 3 Peaks series, hosted by the Wellington Scottish Athletics Club, kicks off in the Southern Hemisphere Winter. Check out the Wellington 3 Peaks Facebook Page for regular event updates on each event.
- Open to anyone – You will need to be reasonably fit and able to run for about 2+hrs
- Walkers can start earlier and are welcome to participate
- Registration is prior to each event between 7:30am and 8:00am
- Event cost $10 per event paid on the day
- Each event starts at 8am
- Runners can start in their own time between 8am and 9am – Walkers can start from 7.30am
- Pick your own route solo or team up with someone else to complete any number of the peaks
- Please check the 3 Peaks Wellington Facebook Page for each event specific information
- Water may be provided at strategic locations (location confirmed on the day) together with jet plane sweets
- For those who do not know the trails and finding your way, Wellington Scottish will be organising packs of various paces leaving at 8.15am that you can join
- Maps and a .GPX file of an approximate route will be provided on our 3 Peaks Wellington Facebook Page before the event so you can download and follow if going solo
- Since this is a winter event you will need to carry wet/cold weather gear as required on the day. There is no enforcement of this however we expect you to be self-sufficient and provide us with a cell phone number at registration and carry one with you during each event
- The main prize is the satisfaction of navigating around the 3 peaks and enjoying some of the great trails and views that Wellington has to offer with your fellow runners and walkers
- We also have a selection of great spot prizes from Run Wellington which will be drawn at each event