Options this week
- Tuesday 6.15pm, Speed session. Starts outside Freyberg Pool. This week is 2km and 1km reps at 10km pace. Contact Andy or Rowan for details.
- Thursday 5.30pm. Thursday night run from the Kupe Statue – check Facebook for details.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park speed workout – contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00am warm-up for an 8.30am start. All speeds and interests welcome.
- Saturday Parkruns are cancelled.
- Saturday 2:00pm, club packruns, Wellington Scottish Clubrooms, friendly training packs for all walkers and runners of all speeds.
- Sunday 7:15am onwards, the 3 Peaks run leaves from the Wellington Scottish Clubrooms and climbs Oku Street Reserve, Atuturk Memorial and Mount Crawford.
- The Wellington Cross Country Championships and the Mukamuka Munter were both postponed last weekend. The Cross Country Championships is potentially going ahead on 6 September.
The organisers of the Wellington Marathon (August 30) and the New Zealand Cross Country Championships (August 29) have not confirmed yet if their respective events will go ahead. Look out for announcements later this week. The Wellington Marathon organisers are planning as though Alert Level 2 restrictions will be lifted and the races will proceed.
Wellington Cross Country Championships, Probable postponement date: 6 September
The Cross Country Championships which were scheduled for last Sunday have a probable postponement date of Sunday 6 September. They will be at Harcourt Park, Upper Hutt.
For the adults, the 5km race is at 11am and the 10km race is at 1.20pm. You can do either or both of these races – depending on your age grade one will be a championship distance and the other will be non-championship.
Wellington Cross Country Championship race details
Wellington 3 Peaks 23 Aug
The next 3 Peaks run leaves this Sunday from the Wellington Scottish Clubrooms and climbs Oku Street Reserve, Atuturk Memorial and Mount Crawford. Test your navigational skills, race it or use it as a friendly Sunday pack run.
- More details about the 3 Peaks Series
- Wellington 3 Peaks Facebook Page for updates on each event
NZ Road Relays, Feilding, 2-4 October
The road trip to NZ Road Relays will take place 2-4 October 2020. We will stay in Palmerston North and race around Feilding.
Please fill out this registration form to let us know you plan to join us. The all-inclusive cost of the trip is $250. Because of COVID-19 we have not been able to get any grants this year, so the cost is higher than last year.
However, it is still very good value because of a large subsidy from club funds. It includes race entry, return transport from Wellington, good quality accommodation in Palmerston North on Friday and Saturday night, transport around the course on race day, and a buffet dinner on Saturday night.
Three relay tasks:
- Complete the registration form
- Pay $250 to the club 38-9005-0501833-00. Put NZRR and your name in the reference and particulars. If money is an issue please talk confidentially to your team captain or president Michael Wray. We might not be able to do anything, but we do want to know in case we can help.
- Check to make sure your teammates and friends have registered.
College Cross Country Relays
Scottish is scheduled to host the College XC Relays at Karori Park on Wednesday 26 August. This race will go ahead if Wellington has returned to Alert Level 1. If it does go ahead Don Dalgliesh would be grateful for anyone who is able to help on the day.
Races start at 1.30pm and finish around 2.30pm. Course set up starts around midday and we are normally all done soon after 3pm. Ideally Don needs 2 or 3 people to help set up the course, half a dozen to record placings and times and crowd control during the races, and 2 or 3 to assist with course take down.
Our 2020 membership price for adults is $85. Juniors pay between $20 and $65 depending on their age, and volunteers are free.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here