Imagine what it is like at Grenada North today!
- Tuesday 6.20pm, Speed Session with Andy and Rowan. This week’s session is 200m repetitions at Newtown Park.
- Wednesday 6.00pm, Midweek Twilight Track, Newtown Park. See below for details.
- Saturday 6.00am, WAI2K, Tauherenikau Racecourse
- Saturday 8.00am, Karori Park speed workout — contact our club captains for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00am warm-up for an 8.30am start. All speeds and interests welcome.
- Saturday 2.00pm, Open Track Meet, Newtown Park, see below for details.
- Saturday 2.00pm, we have another of our Summer Saturday afternoon run and walks that will suit those who prefer a slower pace. The meetup venue is Scorching Bay at the public changing rooms/toilets. If you would like to join us, please be ready to go at 2:00pm. We expect to be out for about one hour or so. All are welcome.
- Sunday long pack runs — usually, these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains for info, or check Facebook for details.
Central League Meet, Masterton
- 800m: Ben Brunner 2:05.30.
- 3000m Walk: Sean Lake 17:34.68, Daphne Jones 23:03.92.
- 3000m Run: Hirotaka Tanimoto 8:45.30, Malcolm Hodge 9:26.27, Paul Barwick 9:44.32.
- 5000m: Bert Prendergast 15:50.38, Ben Twyman 15:50.99, Lindsay Barwick 19:21.11.
- 1500m: Hiro Tanimoto 4:15.36, James Hercus 4:16.00, Gus Tulloch 4:47.36.
- 400m: Ben Brunner 58.69.
Twilight Track Meet, 8 December
The second of the season’s mid-week Twilight Track meetings is on Wednesday 8 December at Newtown Park Track. There will be no entries on the day – we are requesting that anyone wanting to compete should make sure they fill in the season registration form by Tuesday 7 December (if you have already registered you do not need to do so again). The track schedule is:
- 6.15pm – 200m
- 6.30pm – 3000m (note 5000m option subject to confirmation and dependent on sufficient volunteers)
- 6.50pm – 100m
- 7.15pm – 400m
Andy still needs volunteers, particularly at the start and finish areas. Please let him know if you can help.
Night of Miles, December 18
The Scottish Night of Miles is a unique event full of Christmas fun and features races over the rarely run distance of one mile. Each year we collect donations ($5 suggested) from athletes and spectators then hand them on to a local Wellington charity — this year’s charity is the Mary Potter Hospice. The programme consists of a mix of children’s, senior elite and fun social events. There are several different mile races including elite men’s and women’s races.
Information is here and entries are here.
Track and field season
Most track meets at Newtown Park are free to enter for Wellington Scottish members.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything, then your first ports of call are our club captains, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here.