It is less than 4 weeks to the NZ Road Relays. Over 100 club members have confirmed they are going. We hope to have at least 15 teams taking part. See below for details if you want to get involved.
Options this week
- Tuesday 6.15pm, Speed session. Starts outside Freyberg Pool. This week is 500m reps at different paces. Contact Andy or Rowan for details.
- Thursday 5.30pm. Thursday night run from the Kupe Statue – check Facebook for details.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park speed workout – contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00am warm-up for an 8.30am start. All speeds and interests welcome.
- Saturday Parkruns are cancelled.
- Saturday 2:00pm, club packruns, Wellington Scottish Clubrooms, friendly training packs for all walkers and runners of all speeds. Afternoon tea afterwards followed by a trip to the Hop Garden.
- Sunday 7:30am for registrations, Xterra Red Rocks, Owhiro Bay Visitor Centre
- Sunday long pack runs – usually these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
At the Palmerston North’s Winter Track and Field Meet on Saturday James Hercus ran 9:50.28 for 3000m and in the 5000m Michael Wray ran 17:52.14.
At a 5km time trial at Newtown Park on Saturday Seamus Kane, Nick Horspool ran 15.20 and Kristian Day ran 15:27 in testing conditions.
Wellington Road Running Championships, 19 September
The Road Running Championships are planned to go ahead at Level 1 or Level 2. A contingency plan will be used if Wellington is at Level 2 or at a level where gatherings greater than 100 are not allowed.
Details of the Wellington Road Championships including start times for each age grade
Wellington Road Walking Championships, 19 September
The Race Walking Championships take pace an the Twin Lakes Access Road at Te Marua, Upper Hutt. There are championship A-Grade and non-championship B-Grade races.
Athletics Wellington race details, course map and entry form
3 Peaks Event 3 – The Fence Line, 20 September
The final edition of 3 Peaks 2020 is on 20 September (Sunday). This time we are starting from Anderson Park Cricket Club Rooms (near the Gardens). The peaks are Wright’s Hill (Lookout), Hawkins Hill (aka Golf Ball) and Brooklyn Wind Turbine.
Proceeds go towards Wellington City Mission.
Donate to the Wellington City Mission directly online
Our long time supporter Gareth Thomas of Wellington Urban Ultra is organising the brand new WAI Run Fest in the Wairarapa.
If you have been a participant across all three events of the 3 Peaks series we are giving away an entry to either the 43km or the 61km ultra marathon of the WAI Run Fest after our last event. Thanks to Gareth and the organising team of WAI Run Fest.
NZ Road Relays, Feilding, 2-4 October
The road trip to NZ Road Relays will take place 2-4 October 2020. We will stay in Palmerston North and race around Feilding.
Please fill out this registration form to let us know you plan to join us. The all-inclusive cost of the trip is $250. There are different prices for supporters, people who have their own accommodation and/or are not attending dinner.
The total price includes a large subsidy from club funds. The trip includes race entry, return transport from Wellington, good quality accommodation in Palmerston North on Friday and Saturday night, transport around the course on race day, and a buffet dinner on Saturday night.
Three relay tasks:
- Complete the registration form
- Pay $250 to the club 38-9005-0501833-00. Put NZRR and your name in the reference and particulars. If money is an issue please talk confidentially to your team captain or president Michael Wray. We might not be able to do anything, but we do want to know in case we can help.
- Check to make sure your teammates and friends have registered.
HEB Construction, the company building the water reservoir near our clubrooms, is due to commence it’s project soon. Light vehicles will be parking on the lower field during the week, and access will be along the lane.
Salisbury Terrace will be closed for 2 – 3 weeks from mid-September to allow for works on sewage pipes. So access to the clubhouse will be via the lane only.
The project is planned to take 3 years. For much of this period the playing fields will be closed, but access to Rolleston St, and the other tracks up the hill will be open.
Welcome to new members Matthew Dawson and Caitlin Spice.
Our 2020 membership price for adults is $85. Juniors pay between $20 and $65 depending on their age, and volunteers are free.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here