- Tuesday 6.00 pm, track session with Andy, Alice and Rowan, Newtown Park.
- Friday 12.27 pm, Kupe Run, a chatty pre-weekend run from the Kupe statue on the waterfront.
- Friday-Sunday, NZ Master Track and Field Championships, Newtown Park
- Saturday 8.30 am, speed sessions at Karori Park. Newtown Park is booked for the Masters’ Championships, so I assume that the club is back at Kaori Park this Saturday. But check with our club captains, Emma and Bert, or check Facebook for confirmation of this.
- Sunday 8:00am, Crazyman, Days Bay Beach, Eastbourne
- Sunday long pack runs — usually, these leave at 8.30 am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains, Emma and Bert, or check Facebook for details.
Twilight Track Meet
No results available yet.
Central League Meet, Masterton
- 3000m race walk: Daphne Jones24:13.61
- 1500m: Ayesha Shafi 5:12.87
- 800m: Ben Brunner 1:56.52
- 3000m: Guy Lees 9:40.01
- 5000m: Ben Twyman 15:52.11
Twilight Track Meets
Scottish is again organising 5 twilight track meetings over the course of the summer. The next meeting is on Wednesday 14 December. These are really fun, low-key events, open to anyone who wants to try out track racing or sharpen up for other events — it would be great to see a good Scottish turnout to support the event.
Without volunteers, these events do not happen — Andy Ford is looking for help on the night with jobs including a starter (training provided!) and finish recorder. Let Andy know if you can help at any of the events.
WAI Run Fest, 10 December
The WAI Run Fest is a Wairarapa running festival from the organisers of the WUU2K. The WAI2K courses (46km, 60km, 80km and 100km) start in Featherston and are described as tough physical and mental challenges. This year three new events have been added (Mt Climbie repeats, 24km and 12km). These three all take place in the Tunnel Gully Recreation Area, Upper Hutt, which is where all the events finish. For younger members, U18s can enter the 12km with parental/supervisor permission.
Scottish Night of Miles, 17 December
The Lifestyle Sports Scottish Night of Miles is a unique event full of Christmas fun that is taking place at Newtown Park on Saturday, 17 December and features races over the rarely run distance of one mile.
Each year we collect donations ($5 suggested) from athletes and spectators then hand them on to a local Wellington charity. 2022’s charity is the Wellington City Mission.
We are also grateful to our event sponsor, Lifestyle Sports, who are a long-standing supporter of Scottish Athletics and one of the premier retailers of running kit within the region.
The programme consists of a mix of children’s, senior elite and fun social events. There are several different mile races, including elite men’s and women’s races and an all-comers mile that anyone can participate in (including Father Christmas).
NZ Masters Assocation is short on volunteers
Anyone who can help, could they contact Eddie, on firstname.lastname@example.org. NZMA is particularly keen on those who want to do some weight training in the form of helping with the hurdles on Saturday :-).
Found: small hoodie
Kids size 14 Scottish Harriers retro hoodie found at Newtown Park. Currently secured in the Results Room. Contact Marshall at email@example.com if it is yours.