- Tuesday 6.00 pm, speed session with Alice and Rowan, outside Freyberg Pool.
- Friday 12.27 pm, Kupe Run, a chatty pre-weekend run from the Kupe statue on the waterfront.
- Saturday 8.30 am, speed sessions at the track. Newtown Park. Contact our club captains, Emma and Bert, or check Facebook for details.
- Saturday 12.00 pm, Central Regional League Teams Meet # 1, Mitre 10 Park Hawkes Bay, 42 Percival Road, Hastings. Contact Michael to enter.
- Sunday 6.00 am, Auckland Marathon, Devonport
- Sunday long pack runs — usually, these leave 8.30 am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains, Emma and Bert, or check Facebook for details.
Spring Track and Field Open Meeting
- Hammer Throw: Ian Morton, 13.36m 5kg.
- Javelin: Ian Morton, 13.75m 5kg
- 3000m run: Liam Jones 9:43:71, Hannah Miller 9:45.32, Andrew Kerr 10:28.58.
- 3000m walk: Ian Morton 20:19.27, Helen Willis 21:26.12, Bob Gardner 21:28.07, Daphne Jones 23:49.01.
- 800m run: Andrew Kerr 2:25.82, Heather Walker 2:28.53, Ayesha Shafi 2:33.04, Phil Sadgrove 2:33.99.
Backyard Ultra World Team Championships
Fiona Hayvice was part of 15 strong NZ team. She was the only female on the team. Fiona ran 37 laps or 248km (a PB beating her previous record of 31 laps). NZ ended 11th out of 37 countries.
Track race in Kansai, Japan
Hiro Tanimoto ran 14:49 for 5000m and won heat 4. I think this is 20 seconds faster than his fastest 5000m time since living in NZ.
Race video (introduction to heat 4 starts at 2:17:10)
Track and Field Season
Newtown Park will be a busy spot for the upcoming track and field season. Entry for most events is free for Scottish athletes. The majority of senior track and field events at Newtown Park will be “Entry on the Day”. We ask athletes to make one Pre-registration for the season at no cost and this will enable you to report to the stadium and enter on the day, provided you arrive prior to the normal assembly time for an event. Once you pre-enter, you will have a Newtown Park 2021-2022 season number allocated for designated regular competition days. Each athlete will receive a bib number and a bib with your name and number.
The 2022-2023 track and field season will feature major meetings starting with New Zealand 10000m Championships hosted by the Agency Group 10000 Festival on Saturday 19 November. In December the New Zealand Masters Athletics Championships are hosted in Wellington on 2-4 December and the Scottish Night of Miles Saturday 17 December. In the New Year the annual Capital Classic World Athletics Challenger Tour Meet is on Friday 3 February and, a month later, the first-ever four-day New Zealand Track and Field Championships, including the inaugural Under 16 Championships, is at Newtown Park.
The Agency Group 10000m Festival, 19 November
The Wellington 10,000m Festival is the most popular set of 10,000m races in New Zealand. For the last four years, this has been a night of PBs for athletes of all speeds — 40 percent of athletes finished with a new best time.
We are very excited to announce that in 2022 we will be hosting the Athletics New Zealand 10,000m Championships for men and women across two separate races. Combined with this, are a number of new initiatives to enhance your running experience and create an incredible atmosphere for participants and spectators.
As always, we will host a number of 10,000m races, and all will have packs of many different speeds to drag you to your new PB. Races are open to men and women of all age grades.
Scottish Night of Miles, December 17
The Scottish Night of Miles is a unique event full of Christmas fun and features races over the rarely run distance of one mile. Each year we collect donations ($5 suggested) from athletes and spectators then hand them on to a local Wellington charity. The programme consists of a mix of children’s, senior elite and fun social events. There are several different mile races, including competitive men’s and women’s races that require pre-entry, and an all-comers mile that anyone can participate in (including Father Christmas).
Details to come.
Missed ordering a long sleeve Scottish t-shirt?
Orders are open again, for both children’s and adult’s sizes. The shirts are black, long sleeve, with a small white Scottish logo on the front.
Product details here: http://www.cloke.co.nz/product/cloke/slm-adults-stadium-ls-tee/
The cost will be approx $30.
Please complete your order here: Scottish Long Sleeve T-Shirt Order. Or you can email Heather your order email@example.com
Orders will close Friday 18 November, with delivery in early December (all going well).
Keep In Touch
- If you want to contact anyone about anything, then your first ports of call are our club captains Emma and Bert, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot, and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here.