- Tuesday 6.00pm, speed session with Rowan – there is some debate on Facebook about if this is at Newtown Park or Freyberg. Look there for an answer.
- Friday 4.00pm, Capital Classic Meeting, Newtown Park (includes the Wellington Steeplechase Championships)
- Saturday 8.00am, Karori Park speed workout — contact our club captains for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00am warm-up for an 8.30am start. All speeds and interests welcome.
- Saturday 2.00pm, Summer Saturday afternoon run and walks that will suit those who prefer a slower pace, Karori Park. We expect to be out for about one hour or so. All are welcome.
- Sunday long pack runs — usually, these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains for info, or check Facebook for details.
Dan Jones won the Auckland Marathon for the second time in a row. Ali Campbell was third in the Marathon.
Jumbo Holdsworth and Hooper Loop
Hooper Loop: James Richardson won in 57:17. Emma Bassett 01:18:34 and Megan Ferry 01:49:23
Jumbo Holdsworth: Don Stevens (H-J) 06:01:26
Capital Classic, 4 February
Wellington’s premier track and field meet. Come and see some of NZ’s best athletes. Events include the NZ U20 Mile Championships.
Athletics Wellington Senior Track & Field Championships, 12-13 February
The annual championships will be held on Saturday and Sunday 12 and 13 February at Newtown Park. Events will be for seniors, under 20, under 18 and under 16 and masters athletes. Events include the steeplechase, 3000m walk, 1500m and 5000m.
Round the Bays, 20 February
Has been cancelled 😦
Twilight Meet, 23 February
The final twilight meeting for the season will be on Wednesday 23 February and will include the Wellington Centre 3000m championships at 6.30pm. This event will be pre-entry only – entry forms will be available shortly on the Athletics Wellington website. If you are able to help please contact Andy Ford.
New Zealand Masters Track & Field Champs, 11-13 March
The NZ Masters Track and Field Champs (for athletes 30 years or older) are here in Wellington this year.