*Photo is Diane Morgan at Dorne Cup 2017
Options this week
- Tuesday 6.00pm, Speed Session with Andy and Rowan, outside Freyberg Pool. This week’s session is 1km reps at 10km pace. See website for details.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Trentham 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday 1pm, Dorne Cup, Trentham Memorial Park, details below. You must have paid your membership by Thursday to be eligible to run.
- Sunday long pack runs — usually, these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
There are not many race results to share this week. Bert Prendergast set the course record at the Taupō Parkrun (16.10) and Michele Allison set the W65 record (22.14) at the Porirua Parkrun.
Trinity Club Run, 19 June
Each year Olympic, WHAC and Scottish get together for shared pack runs. These friendly gatherings commemorate when the three clubs amalgamated during WW1 to form the Trinity Club. On June 19, 2pm, Scottish will be hosting a Trinty Club run from our clubrooms. Please bring a plate of food to share with our guests. This is a great event to see your friends from other clubs and get to know your rivals!
Wellington Marathon, 27 June
Wellington Marathon starts at Sky Stadium and winds around Wellington’s waterfront. Events include a full marathon, half marathon, 10km and the kids’ magic mile.
If you are entering the 10km or half marathon, make sure you join the Scottish team (the official name is “Wellington Scottish Athletics Club”) and help us compete for the team titles.
Wellington Cross Country Championships, 18 July
The culmination of the cross country season at scenic Harcourts Park, Upper Hutt.
Our calendar is regularly updated on our website and Google. Some recent additions and changes include:
- 19 June is now a Trinity packrun (hosted by Scottish)
- 28 August is now a Trinity packrun (hosted by Olympic)
- 12 September is now Hutt Marathon (with Tanadees and the Masters Road Race moving to provisional dates)
- 18 September is now a Trinity packrun (hosted by WHAC)
- 19 September is the provisional date for the Masters Road Race
- 25 September is the provisional date for Tanadees
Expressions of interest for Wellington representative teams
If you want to represent Wellington at the North Island Cross Country Champs, the NZ Cross Country Champs or the NZ Road Champs this winter please submit an expression of interest on this form.
Remember to join us before Dorne Cup, so you can compete in one of NZ’s most popular cross-country races. Renew your membership or join online for the 2021-2022 year.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything, then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here.