Remember to join us! Renew your membership or join online for the 2021-2022 year.
Options this week
- Tuesday 5.45 pm, Speed Session with Andy and Rowan, Outside Freyberg Pool. This week’s session is 6 by 1km, 2 min JR, starting half marathon pace, last one at 5km pace. See below for details.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park speed workout – contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00am warm-up for an 8.30am start. All speeds and interests welcome.Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Trentham 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday 10.00am, NZ Mountain Running Championships, Coronet Peak
- Saturday 2.00pm, Friendly club pack runs (all speeds). Scottish Clubrooms, Prince of Wales Park.
- Saturday 2.00pm, WoRM Runs for Charity! Charles Plimmer Park
- Sunday 7.30am, Xterra Orongorongo, Remutaka Forest Park
- Sunday long pack runs — usually these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
Christchurch Marathon (NZ Marathon Championships
Apologies in advance for the people I miss on this list. Congratulations to the big crew who made the trip south and enjoyed (or suffered though) a late summer’s day.
Marathon: Dan Jones won in 2.23.36, Mark Moore 2.34.20, Chris Wharam 2.35.05, Paul Barwick 2.39.18, Kristian Day 2.43.13, Bert Prendergast 2.45.47, Geoff Ferry 2.52. 28, Stephen Bass 2.58.41 (PB), Ian Graham 2.59.41 (PB), Simon Keller 3.00.07, Mel Stevens 3.03.57, Adrian Macquet 3.04.54, Nicholas Bagnall 3.06.26 (PB), Bill Wang 3.46.45, Megan Ferry 5.18.30.
Half Marathon: Seamus Kane 1.10.41, Andrew Kerr 1.18.14, Alastair Richardson 1.21.43, Todd Stevens 1.22.50, Luke Norman 1.24.00, Alistair Collow 1.38.39, Emma Sturmfels 1.46.02.
10 Km: Hiro Tanimoto 29.59 (NZ PB), Harry McLean 33.10 (PB).
The Coastal Ultra, The Catlins
Helen Bradford was 1st masters woman in the 71km Catlins Coastal Ultra in a time of 10:40:13.
The Dual, Motutapu Island
Marathon: Emma Bassett won in 4.15.33.
Half Marathon: Nico Vessiot 2.24.47, Jaime Vessiot 2.26.48.
10km: Chris Howard 48.38.
Wellington Mountain Running Championships, Wainuiomata High School
Rowan Richardson was 3rd U10 Boy, Naomi Richardson was 1st Girl U10 with Juliet and Georgie Street 3rd and 4th GU10, respectively. Nina Maurer was 1st Woman under 20, Dougal Thorburn was 1st M35 and first overall, closely followed by James Richardson, until he took a wrong turn. Walter Somerville won the senior men’s race. Grant McLean won the M50 race with Raymond Morgan and Don Stevens in 7th and 8th. John Gardiner was 4th in the M60 race. Emily Solsberg won the W35 race with Marketa Langova 3rd. Loretta Desourdy was 22nd W60. Scottish was 2nd in all three of the teams events.
Waitarere Forest Runs
Hayden Smith 1:27:41 and Karen Jenkinson 2:02:08 ran the half marathon.
WellingtoN Scottish Mountain Running Champs, 24 April
Wellington Scottish’s very own mountain running champs in the back hills of Crofton Downs. The races come in a variety of distances and heights to suit anyone, but they all involve uphills! Course details to come.
Shaw Baton Relay, 1 May
Teams of four race in 2.1km each of hills, horse jumps, ditches, fences and the spectator-favourite water pit. The Shaw Baton Relay is the first interclub event of the season. It is hosted by Olympic Harriers and takes place at Pauatahanui’s Battle Hill Farm Park. It’s a very fun event. If you want to be in a team, let our club captains Danielle and Ben know.
University Relay, 8 May
Teams of four race in 3.7 km each over soft sandy cross country and farmland. The University Relay is hosted by VUW Athletics Club and takes place on Queen Elizabeth II Park at Mackay’s Crossing in Paekakariki. If you want to be in a team, let our club captains Danielle and Ben know.
Welcome to new (and rejoined) members
Welcome back to our rejoined member Craig Crestani.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything, then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here