Kia ora e hoa mā. I hope everyone enjoyed Anniversary Weekend. Our weekly newsletters resume today.
Options this week
- Tuesday 5.45pm, Waterfront 5km, Registration from 5pm outside Macs Brewbar, Taranaki Wharf. Come and run, volunteer or support.
- Wednesday 6.00pm, Twilight Track Meet No 4, Newtown Park. This week there is a 100m, 800m, 200m and 1500m.
- Saturday 6.30am, Jumbo-Holdsworth and Hooper Loop Mountain Races, Mt Holdsworth DOC campsite.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park speed workout – contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00am warm-up for an 8.30am start. All speeds and interests welcome.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday 6pm, Cooks Classic, Whanganui (includes Jamie Barnes in the U20 NZ 3000m Champs and Hamish Carson, Niam Macdonald and James Preston in the NZ Mile Champs).
- Sunday long pack runs – usually these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
Potts Classic, Hastings
Jamie Barnes won the 800m B race in 1:56.30 and James Preston won the 800m Permit race in 1:48.67. That’s the fastest time in NZ so far this summer.
Newtown Park Mini-Meet
100m: Hirotaka Tanimoto 13.99. 800m: Hiro Tanimoto 2:10.54 and Andrew Kerr 2:23.93. 3000m: Hiro Tanimoto 9:16.31, Grant McLean 9:36.40, Andrew Kerr 10:02.77. 5000m Race Walk: Sean Lake 32:01.27, Ian Morton 33:52.23, Ray Marten 37:39.18, John Hines 43:15.17.
Waterfront 5km Series, Tuesdays
The Wellington Scottish Waterfront 5km continues until 30 March 2021. Please offer to help with registration and marshalling once in a while.
Jumbo Holdsworth and Hooper Loop Trail Races – 30 Jan
The Jumbo Holdsworth Trail Race and Hooper Loop are trail mountain runs in the Tararua Forest Park. The Jumbo Holdsworth follows the Jumbo-Mt Holdsworth Circuit or the Holdsworth-Jumbo Circuit – you choose which direction to go. The Hooper Loop keeps mainly within the bush and encompasses graded tracks with a reasonably steep hill climb during the middle section of the race. It suits the novice through to the elite.
XTERRA Wellington Festival – 13 Feb
XTERRA Wellington Festival follows the rugged coastal Kapiti landscape.
Round the Bays half marathon, 10km and 6.5km – 21 Feb
The Brendan Foot Supersite Wellington Round the Bays winds its way around Wellington’s stunning inner city harbour. There are several event options available for participants: the 6.5km Fun Run/Walk, 6.5km Active families, Pak N’ Save Buggy Walk, Bluebridge 10km and the Half Marathon. All start at Frank Kitts Park and follow the shoreline for various distances before returning to the finish line festival at Kilbirnie Park.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here