Options this week
- Tuesday 6.15pm, Speed session. Starts outside Freyberg Pool. This week is 500s at 5km pace. Contact Andy or Rowan for details.
- Thursday 5.30pm. Thursday night run from the Kupe Statue – check Facebook for details.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park speed workout – contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00am warm-up for an 8.30am start. All speeds and interests welcome.
- Saturday 8:00am, Rotorua Marathon and NZ Marathon Championship, Rotorua Energy Events Centre
- Saturday 8.00am Parkruns will be back on this week.
- Saturday 2:00pm, Trinity Pack Runs – shared pack runs with Olympic and Wellington Harriers, WHAC Clubrooms, Alexandra Road.
- Saturday 5:30pm, Starlight Xterra, Makara Peak Mountain Bike Park
- Sunday long pack runs – usually these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
Wellington Road Walking Championships
Five walkers took part in the 10km championship: Sean Lake (1:04), Terri Grimmett (1:10), Arlene Wong-Tung (1:13), Daphne Jones (1:19) and Jon Hines (1:23). Ray Marten (40:01) and Murray Gowans (49:26) competed in the 5km race.
Wellington Road Running Championships
Murtesa Hassen ran three and half minutes faster than his handicapped estimate. He joined a large number of club members who ran personal bests or comprehensively surpassed their estimated handicap time.
Geoff Ferry knocked 100 seconds of his personal best. Open race winners Hamish Carson and Ruby Muir both ran PBs and beat their handicaps. Gerald Gordon, Johnathan Evans, Dion Gamperle and Phil Sadgrove were among the many others who ran blinders.
- Official results Wellington Road Champs 2020
- Scottish 10km handicap results Wellington Road Champs 2020
- Scottish 5km handicap results Wellington Road Champs 2020
- Rowan Greig’s photos and race write-up
- Sharon Wray’s photos:
3 Peaks Fenceline
James Richardson whipped around the 20km loop of Wrights Hill, Hawkins Hill and Brooklyn Turbine in 1:28 to be the fastest 3-Peaker yesterday. Walter Somerville was just 3 minutes behind him. Other Scottish club members included Tim Judge, Raymond Morgan, Chandima Kulathilake, John Gardiner, Don Stevens, Marketa Langova, Tanya Lavington, Paul Rodway, Howard Harman, Amy Auld, Katie Murphy and Kasey MacKinnon
NZ Road Relays, Feilding, 2-4 October
The road trip to NZ Road Relays will take place 2-4 October 2020. We will stay in Palmerston North and race around Feilding.
Your team captain will contact you this week to let you know what team you are in.
We will email out details of the whole weekend including transport and accommodation this week.
If you are attending, please pay $250 to the club 38-9005-0501833-00. Put NZRR and your name in the reference and particulars. Alternative prices are: $80 for no accommodation and no dinner, $120 for dinner but no accommodation, $210 for supporters who are not racing.
Waterfront 5km Series, Tuesdays from 6 October
The Wellington Scottish Waterfront 5km series should restart on 6 October and continue throughout the summer. It will be on the same course as last year. As with last year, we hope for volunteers from each grade to help with registration and marshalling. Look for more details in an email shortly.
Wairarapa Country Marathon, half marathon, 10km and 5km, Masterton 11 October.
This race also serves as the Wellington Marathon Championship.
Bernie Portenski Memorial Cup, 17 October
So it turns out this Titahi Bay festival could be the only inter-club cross country race of the year! Come and join us for an afternoon at the beach.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here