Date & Venue: Saturday 14th December, Newtown Park, Wellington.
The LIFESTYLE SPORTS Scottish Night of Miles is an annual event organised by Wellington Scottish Running Club. It is a unique event full of Christmas fun and features races over the rarely run distance of one mile.
Each year we collect donations ($5 suggested) from athletes and spectators then hand them on to a local Wellington charity. This year’s charity is the Mary Potter Hospice.
We are also grateful to our event sponsor, Lifestyle Sports, who are a long-standing supporter of Scottish Athletics and one of the premier retailers of running kit within the region.
The programme consists of a mix of children’s, senior elite and fun social events. There are several different mile races including elite men’s and women’s races and an all-comers mile that anyone can participate in (including Father Christmas).
This year we are introducing a couple of new events:
- a Mile relay – teams of 4, each athlete running 400m (and a bit) to provide some fun at the end of the evening, prizes to any team that breaks the magical 4-minute mile!
- fastest Santa award – pop on a beard, Santa hat or full Santa suit and run the 100m or 200m – prizes to the fastest Santa this side of Lapland…
The provisional programme is outlined below. Please enter in advance – by close of play 11th December- to take part in one of the seeded races:
- Open Walkers – scheduled for 3:20pm
- Masters Men – scheduled for 4:00pm (note there are A and B grades)
- Open Men and Women – scheduled from 4:50pm (Women) and Men thereafter
Please check the provisional programme here for detailed times/schedule changes.
Anyone wanting to compete in the Kids Chocolate Fish Dash, the All-Comers Social Mile (against Father Christmas), Mile relay or any of the sprints can enter on the day.