THE OLYMPIC HARRIER & ATHLETIC CLUB (INC)
PROUDLY PRESENTS THE
2021 SHAW BATON RELAYS
SATURDAY 1 MAY 2021
VENUE: Battle Hill Farm Park – Pauatahanui, Paekakariki Hill Rd, Porirua, Wellington. (6km north of Pauatahanui General Store).
DISTANCE: 2km laps – cross-country
COURSE: Grass, gravel tracks, mostly flat to undulating with one sharp uphill & downhill. Log jumps and a water jump. Course marked with Red & White flags. Go through ‘gate’ when two flags are set together or up to 5 metres either side if flags set alone. Failing to follow the correct course may result in disqualification.
|RACE TIMES:||1:00PM||(4 runners per team)|
|1k Fun Run||BU10, GU10 – mass start|
|||2:00PM||(4 runners per team)|
|Boys, Girls & Mixed||BU14, GU14, BU12, GU12, mixed|
|||2:50PM||(4 Runners per Team)|
PLEASE NOTE: Age is your age as at 31 December 2021, OR in the case of Masters, age on the day of the event.
COME AND TRY CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING
The Relays are open to teams from Schools, Colleges and Recreation Runners who are welcome to enter in age/gender grades as above
Senior Women, Masters Women (35+ & 50+ & 60+), Jnr Women Club $50.00 per team
Non-club $53.00 per team
Boys/Girls/Mixed/Youth Club $20.00 per team
Non-club $25.00 per team
Senior Men, Masters Men (35+ & 50+ & 60+), Jnr Men Club $50.00 per team
Non-club $53.00 per team
ENTRY PROTOCOLS – RACE RULES:
- This year we will be using electronic timing.
- Team relay entries must be submitted online by club officials via the online link (this link will be provided in the week before the event). Entries will close 11.59 pm Thursday 29 April.
- Please use timing batons provided by the race host.
- Club teams to wear race letter/numbers as allocated by your club on the front of singlet. Visiting teams please show race number to be used on the entry form.
- Non-club teams will need to supply letters &/or numbers for respective teams.
- No runner may run more than one lap for any A &/or B team across all grades and races.
- Next lap runners must enter the start line from the side access, NOT VIA FINISH CHUTE where runners are finishing.
- First Aid available.
- Toilets available, no changing facilities so come prepared.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS ARE PERMITTED AT BATTLE HILL FARM PARK
- Results will be posted on the Olympic Harrier Club website.
- Winning team members – please remain for prize giving which will be immediately after each relay race.
- Trophies: Shaw Baton Trophies for:
|Masters Men 35+|
Masters Women 35+
Masters Men 50+
Masters Women 50+
Masters Men 60+
|Junior Men U20|
Junior Women U20
|||Masters Women 60+|||
|Miniature batons for winning team athletes of above races|
Medals for U10 boys and girls scratch race
Medals for winning teams in Boys U16/U14 & Girls U16/U14 – Boys U12 & Girls U12