25 September 2022, Te Marua
The Athletics Wellington Race Walking Championships will be held on Sunday, 25 September 2022, on a measured course on the Twin Lakes access road at Te Marua, Upper Hutt. Trentham United Harriers & Walkers and Wellington clubs are jointly hosting the event.
There are Championship, A Grade and non-Championship B Grade races. Only registered financial members of Wellington Centre clubs can be placed in the championships, but visiting walkers may enter the A Grade races.
The championship A Grade races will be fully judged, and any disqualified walker will be allowed to finish and moved to B Grade walker results.
The championship races will be as follows.
- Senior men and women,
- Masters men and women 35+ and Under 20 men and woman are all 10 km.
- Men and women under 18 are 5 km.
Medals will be presented for the championship race 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, for Athletics Wellington registered athletes.
Non-championship B Grade walkers can elect to enter in the 10km or 5km races and will be judged for loss of contact and creeping. Any member of any club or an individual walker may enter as a B Grade competitor and will be allowed to finish.
There will be 2km and 3km non-championship races for juniors.
Please bring your own race numbers if you have them. We will have extra bibs and safety pins available at Registration.
- Senior and master’s grade championship races $20.
- U20 and U18 championship races $20.
- All B Grade and juniors – non-championship races $10.
Online entries https://forms.gle/mZZLx3wp6kzjJGqi6
Clubs can be invoiced for your entry fee after the event, or you may pay cash on the day.
Championship competitors must compete in their club uniform.
B Grade competitors may compete in any uniform but no leggings for any walker, please.
Race number bibs must be worn and visible front and back. The A Grade championship walkers will have a coloured identifier on their race number bibs.
A Grade Championship competitors must be registered through their club with Athletics NZ.
- All entries close 11.59 pm on Thursday, 22 September 2022.
- Sunday 25 September 2022
- 08:30 am Registration desk open.
- 08:00 am Course open for practice.
- 09:00 am Registration desk closes for all races.
- 09:00 am Walk judges meet and are assigned positions.
- 09:30 am Start all races.
- 11:00 am Prizegiving at Te Marua Golf Club with spot prizes drawn.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 25 September at Te Marua.