- Tuesday 5:.40 pm, non-waterfront 5k, wearing tutus optional and encouraged, outside Macs Brewery
- Tuesday 6.20 pm, speed session with Rowan and Andy, 3 sets of 4 x 400m at 3km pace, Newtown Park
- Wednesday 6.00 pm, Twilight Track Meet, Newtown Park
- Saturday 8.00 am, Karori Park speed workout — contact our club captains for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00 am warm-up for an 8.30 am start. All speeds and interests welcome.
- Sunday long pack runs — usually, these leave 8.30 am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains for info, or check Facebook for details.
Wellington Track and Field Championships, Day 2
In the 5000m, Bert Prendergast almost ran down race winner Thomas Strawbridge over the last few laps, and there were personal bests for Jack Shaw — smashing through the 16-minute barrier — and Chris Howard.
- 3000m walk: Helen Willis 22:51.74 (1st W50) pipped Daphne Jones 22:53.85 (1st W70), John Hines 26:12.09 (2nd M70).
- 800m: Hiro Tanimoto 2:09:03 (1st M35), Torban Fear 2:09.39, Andy Ford 2:12.37 (2nd M35), Peter Stevens 2:17.68 (1st M50), Phil Sadgrove 2:34.28 (1st M60)
- 5000m: Bert Prendergast 15:42.45 (2nd SM), Jack Shaw 15:45.89 (3rd SM), Alistair Richardson 16:13.64, Harry McLean 16:22.82, Alasdair Saunders 16:24.72 (1st M35), Stephen Day 16:31.79 (2nd M35), Ben Bielski 16:31.86, James Richardson 16:39.45 (3rd M35), Oliver McLean 16:52.16, Simon Keller 17:17.57, Andy Ford 17:42.17, Ruby Muir 17:46.99 (3rd SW), Jamie White 17:49.20, Chris Howard 18:31.46, Lucy Fauth 19:18.32, Sophie Whelan 20:05.97, Ayesha Shafi 20:16.03, Emma Bassett 21:11.21 (2nd W35), John Skinnon 24:01.45 (1st M70),
Twilight Meet, 23 February
The next mid-week Twilight track meeting is on Wednesday 23 February at Newtown Park track. It includes the Wellington Centre 3000m Championships. Perfect weather conditions are guaranteed.
The race schedule is below:
- 6.15 – 100m
- 6.30 – 3000m – Centre Championships
- 7:00 – 200m
- 7.15 – 800m
There will be no entries on the day — we are requesting that anyone wanting to compete should make sure they have filled in the season registration form (if you have already registered you do not need to do so again).
In addition, those wanting to compete in the Centre 3000m Championships also have to enter online via the link below, at a cost of $6, with entries closing at 11.59 am (midday) Tuesday 22 February.
Club AGM, 2 March
The Club’s AGM is on 2 March at 7pm at the cricket clubrooms in Anderson Park (Botanic Gardens). Come along and partake of refreshments while we report on the year that was and elect our management committee for the upcoming season. We always need to keep our ideas fresh and seek diverse perspectives so we’re keen to welcome new members to the management committee.