- Tuesday 6.00pm, Speed Session with Andy and Rowan. This week’s session is a Waterfront 5km time trial (a pseudo W5K!). Meet outside Freyberg Pool.
- Saturday, 3.00pm Night of Miles, Newtown Park – details below.
- Sunday long pack runs — usually, these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains for info, or check Facebook for details.
Midweek Twilight Track
A big turnout for the distance races –
3000m: Alistair Richardson 9:20.94, Dougal Thorburn 9:24.98, Harry McLean 9:41.50, Oliver McLean 10:16.97, Andrew Kerr 10:33.84, Lindsay Barwick 11:18.27, Sophie Dickson 11:35.14.
5000m: Nick Horspool 15:51.51, Kristian Day 15:55.65, Mark Moore 15:58.10, Jack Shaw 16:10.59 (PB!), Ben Twyman 16:17.20, Alasdair Saunders 16:40.15, Ben Bielski 17:04.18, Simon Keller 17:50.19, Ali Campbell 18:34.49, Emily Solsberg 20:50.27, Willie Stephens 26:39.70.
Great run by new member Gordon Pal!
- 60km: Gordon Pal 10:37:00
- 43km: Chris Howard 2nd in 4:16:26, Emma Bassett 1st in 4:34:02
- 30km: Anuj Sharma 3:55:57
Open Track Meet
Hiro continues to run every track race on offer this summer.
- 600m: Hiro Tanimoto 1:37.68, Andy Ford 1:38.58.
- 2000m: Hiro Tanimoto 5:50.37, Simon Keller 6:54.41, Ayesha Shafi 7:28.15
- 3000m Walk: Sean Lake 18:03.93, Ian Morton 20:35.54, Helen Willis 22:49.18, Daphne Jones 23:58.54, John Hines 26:23.96.
- 1000m: Hiro Tanimoto 2:43.67, Harry McLean 2:43.92, Andy Ford 2:53.57, Alasdair Saunders 2:54.59, Oliver McLean 2:57.04, Simon Keller 3:04.32
Night of Miles, December 18
Less than a week until the Night of Miles – entries are starting to come in for what should be a fun evening. Many thanks to long time supporter Lifestyle Sports who are kindly providing prizes for the Competitive events. This year we are collecting for Mary Potter Hospice
Entries – for competitive events the entries closes at 11.59pm Wednesday 15th December – no pre-entry required if you just want to run in the kids races, sprints or all-comers mile against Santa.
Volunteers – we are looking to pull together a roster for helping out with entries and scanning vaccine passports. Let me know if you can assist – the more volunteers we get, the more enjoyable it is for everyone! Santa is in training – endurance is not a problem, his focus this week is speed work and sharpening that sprint finish…
Track and field season
Most track meets at Newtown Park are free to enter for Wellington Scottish members.