- Tuesday 6.00pm, Speed Session with Andy and Rowan. This week’s session is a Waterfront 5km time trial (a pseudo W5K!). Meet outside Freyberg Pool.
- Saturday, 3.00pm Night of Miles, Newtown Park – details below.
- Sunday long pack runs — usually, these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains for info, or check Facebook for details.
Midweek Twilight Track
A big turnout for the distance races –
3000m: Alistair Richardson 9:20.94, Dougal Thorburn 9:24.98, Harry McLean 9:41.50, Oliver McLean 10:16.97, Andrew Kerr 10:33.84, Lindsay Barwick 11:18.27, Sophie Dickson 11:35.14.
5000m: Nick Horspool 15:51.51, Kristian Day 15:55.65, Mark Moore 15:58.10, Jack Shaw 16:10.59 (PB!), Ben Twyman 16:17.20, Alasdair Saunders 16:40.15, Ben Bielski 17:04.18, Simon Keller 17:50.19, Ali Campbell 18:34.49, Emily Solsberg 20:50.27, Willie Stephens 26:39.70.
Great run by new member Gordon Pal!
- 60km: Gordon Pal 10:37:00
- 43km: Chris Howard 2nd in 4:16:26, Emma Bassett 1st in 4:34:02
- 30km: Anuj Sharma 3:55:57
Open Track Meet
Hiro continues to run every track race on offer this summer.
- 600m: Hiro Tanimoto 1:37.68, Andy Ford 1:38.58.
- 2000m: Hiro Tanimoto 5:50.37, Simon Keller 6:54.41, Ayesha Shafi 7:28.15
- 3000m Walk: Sean Lake 18:03.93, Ian Morton 20:35.54, Helen Willis 22:49.18, Daphne Jones 23:58.54, John Hines 26:23.96.
- 1000m: Hiro Tanimoto 2:43.67, Harry McLean 2:43.92, Andy Ford 2:53.57, Alasdair Saunders 2:54.59, Oliver McLean 2:57.04, Simon Keller 3:04.32
Night of Miles, December 18
Less than a week until the Night of Miles – entries are starting to come in for what should be a fun evening. Many thanks to long time supporter Lifestyle Sports who are kindly providing prizes for the Competitive events. This year we are collecting for Mary Potter Hospice
Entries – for competitive events the entries closes at 11.59pm Wednesday 15th December – no pre-entry required if you just want to run in the kids races, sprints or all-comers mile against Santa.
Volunteers – we are looking to pull together a roster for helping out with entries and scanning vaccine passports. Let me know if you can assist – the more volunteers we get, the more enjoyable it is for everyone! Santa is in training – endurance is not a problem, his focus this week is speed work and sharpening that sprint finish…
Information is here and entries are here.
Track and field season
Most track meets at Newtown Park are free to enter for Wellington Scottish members.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything, then your first ports of call are our club captains, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here.