Options this week
- Tuesday 6.00pm, Speed Session with Andy and Rowan, outside Freyberg Pool. This week’s session is 1kms starting at 10km pace. See website for details.
- Thursday, last day to join Scottish in order to be eligible to run in the Vosseler Shield.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Trentham 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday, 12.40 for women’s grades, M60 and non-competition 5km, 2.30pm for men’s grades under 60 and non-competition 10km. Vosseler Shield, outside Badminton Hall, Mt Victoria. Details below.
- Sunday 7.30am, Xterra Akatarawa, Whareroa Farm
- Sunday long pack runs — usually these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
- Sunday 10.00am, Masters Cross Country Relay, Trentham Memorial Park. Contact Michael to be in a team
Hawkes Bay Marathon
Marathon: Daniel Jones won in 02:25:33. Dion Gamperle 03:01:06 (PB), Brad Wong 03:08:04 (PB) Jonathan Evans 03:33:35 (debut).
Half Marathon: Charlie Hulley 1:22:32 (PB), Ben Bielski 1:23:11.
10km: Chris McIlroy won in 35:52.
This race circled around Rangitoto and Motutapu. Marathon: Emma Bassett 4th in 4:33- Chris Howard 15th in 5:01. Half marathon: Nicolas Vessiot14th male in 2:18- Jaime Vessiot 7th in 2:24 and Lindsay Young 26th in 2:56.
Wellington Secondary Schools Cross Country Relays
Maeve O’Regan-Smith was in the winning senior girls Wellington East team at Karori on Wednesday. Ben Brunner, Gus Tulloch and Torben Fear were in Wellington College’s winning boys under 16 team. Guy Lees Wellington College No 2 team came 4th in the senior boys.
Karl Rudge was 2nd in 37.06.
Vosseler Shield, 22 May
The Vosseler Shield is a challenging Wellington cross-country interclub event, steeped in tradition, and steeped in steep hills. It runs over the Mt Victoria reserve and is hosted by Wellington Harrier Athletic Club.
To run in this race you must have joined us by 20 May. However, to have your personalised season bib available, you must be a member by 16 May. Anyone who joins between 16 and 20 May will get a temporary bib. Anyone who gets a temporary bib must return it to Daryl post-race. (I will remind you when I give you your bib
No pre-registration is required. You just need to get your race bib before the start. Michael Wray will be at the WHAC clubrooms early collect the Scottish race bibs for distribution to members.He will stay in the WHAC clubrooms until 10 minutes before the start of each race, when he will take the bibs down to the start area. Looking at the race times, this means he will be in the clubrooms 12:00-12:30, then 12:45-1:20, 1:35-1:50 and just stay in the starting area after that.
Masters Cross Country Relay, 23 May
Based at the Trentham Club Rooms in Upper Hutt. This cross-country race takes place over mixed terrain. Starting and finishing on footpaths, the bulk of the race takes place across grass and mud, with a detour through Bartons Bush.
Walkers race in teams of three, runners in teams of four. Everyone completes the same 4km loop.
Event 4 of the 2021 Terra Wellington Trail series is being held at Whareroa Farm, Paekākāriki. The 7km short course is ideal for novices. One gentle climb rewards you with magnificent views toward Kāpiti Island. Then it’s an easy return via horse tracks and through beautiful bush to the finish-line. You’ll get your feet wet, but it’ll be worth it!
Reduced Fee for Adults entering with a Child (all U16 must be accompanied by an adult). Enter online only, using code XTERRACrew21. All families are welcome. Entry and full details – or email Fiona with questions.
Dorne Cup, 12 June
The Dorne Cup is a mostly flat and fast interclub cross-country race at Trentham Memorial Park. It includes some small jumps and stream crossings.
Hutt Valley Harriers organise the race and it is one of the most prestigious and well attended cross-country races in the country.
Wellington Marathon, 27 June
Wellington Marathon starts Sky Stadium and winds around Wellington’s waterfront.
Events include a Full Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km and the Kids’ Magic Mile.
If you are entering the 10km or half marathon, make sure you join the Scottish team and help us compete for the team title.
Expressions of interest for Wellington representative teams
If you want to represent Wellington at the North Island Cross Country Champs, the NZ Cross Country Champs or the NZ Road Champs this winter please submit an expression of interest on this form.
Wellington Half Marathon 27 June: Request for pacers
Each year Scottish provides pacers for the Wellington Half marathon. If you would like to help, please email Todd with your pace time preference. Pacing is very much appreciated by the participants, and an enjoyable and rewarding experience for the pacer.
Remember to join us too. Renew your membership or join online for the 2021-2022 year.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything, then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here.