Remember to join us! Renew your membership or join online for the 2021-2022 year.
Options this week
- Saturday 5.45am, The Coastal Ultra, The Catlins
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Trentham 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday 8am, The Dual, Motutapu Island, Auckland
- Saturday 1pm, Wellington Mountain Running Championships, Wainuiomata High School
- Sunday, 7.30am, Christchurch Marathon (NZ Marathon Championships), Christchurch Town Hall
- Sunday long pack runs — usually these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
Some omissions from last week
Liam Dooley was third in the Rotorua Half Marathon. Walter Somerville won the Xterra Westwind long course, rather than being 3rd, as I wrongly reported. Fiona MacMaster did the Xterra medium course. And Fiona Hayvice was 3rd equal in the Xterra short course, finishing with the same time as Spike Hayvice.
Wellington Mountain Running Championships, Wainuiomata, 10 April
Shaw Baton Relay, 1 May
Teams of four race in 2.1km each of hills, horse jumps, ditches, fences and the spectator-favourite water pit. The Shaw Baton Relay is the first interclub event of the season. It is hosted by Olympic Harriers and takes place at Pauatahanui’s Battle Hill Farm Park. It’s a very fun event. If you want to be in a team, let our club captains Danielle and Ben know.
University Relay, 8 May
Teams of four race in 3.7 km each over soft sandy cross country and farmland. The University Relay is hosted by VUW Athletics Club and takes place on Queen Elizabeth II Park at Mackay’s Crossing in Paekakariki. If you want to be in a team, let our club captains Danielle and Ben know.
Welcome to new members
Kia ora to our new members Peter Ramage and Grant Birkinshaw.
Bus to University Relay
Is anyone interested in the club booking a bus to University Relay in Paekākāriki on 8 May, like we did last year? If so, let me know. Last year the bus left from the train station, and cost about $12.50 return. If there looks like there is enough interest, I’ll book a bus again this year.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything, then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here