Options this week
- Tuesday 5.45pm, Waterfront 5km the tutu edition, Registration from 5pm outside Macs Brewbar, Taranaki Wharf. Come and run, volunteer or support.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park speed workout – contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details. 8.00am warm-up for an 8.30am start. All speeds and interests welcome.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday, 5.45pm, sprints and middle distance meet including Wgtn 5000m walk champs and 1500m Champs, Masterton
- Sunday long pack runs – usually these leave 8.30am from outside Freyberg Pool and some alternative locations around Wellington. Contact our club captains Danielle and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
A big Scottish crowd made the trip up to the Wairarapa for these mountain races.
James Richardson 56:06 (winner an course record for vet men), Danielle Trewoon 01:14:27, Emma Sturmfels 01:23:25, Katherine Littler 01:41:31, Megan Ferry 02:01:20, Michelle Knight 02:13:00.
Jumbo Holdsworth and Holdsworth Jumbo
Sophie Whelan 04:05:11, Emma Bassett 04:05:58, Lucy Fauth 04:09:08, Sarah-Grace Breen 04:17:15, Marketa Langova 04:54:54, Walter Somerville 02:48:31, Sam Cathro 03:04:31, Abigail Pitman 04:30:31, Jasmine Smith 04:34:09, Don Stevens 04:58:18, Nicolas Vessiot 03:38:47, Angela Clark 04:17:27.
In the Masters Mile, Stephen Day (me) was second in 4.46.64, Pete Stevens 3rd 4:55.18 (NZ M55 National Record), Andrew Kerr 5:05.50 (PB), and Jim Jones 5:20.16.
Amy Walker was 2nd in the Women’s B 400m in 59.68.
James Preston helped pace an incredible 4 athletes to sub-4 minute miles in the NZ Mens Mile Championship. Niam Macdonald ran a PB 4:25.13.
Waterfront 5km PBs to Liam Jones, Stephen Clarke, Sam Turner, Lindsay Barwick (who won the race), Anna Guy and Jasmine Smith.
Grant McLean broke both the VM45 & 50 Porirua Parkrun records with 16:50. Mel Aitken was the other winner in the race.
Waterfront 5km Series, Tuesdays
The Wellington Scottish Waterfront 5km continues until 30 March 2021. Please offer to help with registration and marshalling once in a while.
XTERRA Wellington Festival – 13 Feb
XTERRA Wellington Festival follows the rugged coastal Kapiti landscape.
Round the Bays half marathon, 10km and 6.5km – 21 Feb
The Brendan Foot Supersite Wellington Round the Bays winds its way around Wellington’s stunning inner city harbour. There are several event options available for participants: the 6.5km Fun Run/Walk, 6.5km Active families, Pak N’ Save Buggy Walk, Bluebridge 10km and the Half Marathon. All start at Frank Kitts Park and follow the shoreline for various distances before returning to the finish line festival at Kilbirnie Park.
Todd Stevens is looking for looking for 3 pacers for Round the Bays half marathon on 21 Feb: 1.30, 1.40, 2.10, plus a couple of lead bikers. Please contact him if you can help.
Let Stephen Day know if you can help at our bright yellow recruitment tent after the race – handing out flyers and encouraging people to join the club. We will be offering our usual $20 discount to adults who join or re-join on the day of Round the Bays. More details to follow.
Keep in touch with the club
- If you want to contact anyone about anything then your first ports of call are our club captains Ben Twyman and Danielle Trewoon, our coaching coordinators Jaime and Nico Vessiot and our club president Michael Wray
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here