Options for the week
- Tuesday 5.30pm, Waterfront 5km, Outside Mac’s Brewbar on Taranaki Wharf. Come and run, volunteer or support 🙂
- Wednesday 6.15pm, Newtown Park Track. Meet 6.15pm for 6.30pm start, lead by Andy and Rowan, shorter distance track reps.
- Saturday 8.00am, Tip Track Marathon, Corner of Happy Valley Road and Landfill Road.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Newtown Track workout – contact Chandima for info, or check Facebook for details. Longer track reps with a focus on building towards major events
- Saturday 1.45pm, Track and Field Grand Prix Meet, Newtown Park (includes 800m and 3000m races)
- Saturday 6.00pm, End-of-Year Prizegiving, Newtown Park Function Room.
- Saturday, Walking Stars Half Marathon
- Sunday 8.30am, Long pack runs – we will alternate this summer between the usual 8.30am from Freyburg and some alternative locations to take advantage of some of the great trail running options around Wellington. Contact Lindsay and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
- Remutaka Incline, 21km: Meg Fahey 2.00.47, Claire Jennings 02:41:27. 14km: Alistair Collow 01:06:35, Lionel Nunns 01:15:41. 7km: Carrick Crafts 00:27:03 (1st) – results
- Wellington 10000m Walking Championship: Sean Lake 1st man in 1:02:07.83, Ian Morton 1:08:28.76, Arlene Wong-Tung 2nd woman in 1:11:45.55, Daphne Jones 1:15:02.85, John Hines 1:25:29.01 – results
- Track Mini-Meet: 800m Jonathan Harper 3:03.79 and Helen Willis 3:13.91 – results
- The Agency Group 10000m Festival saw many people struggling in blustery conditions. Ray Manahan did well to finish after being sick all week. Lindsay Young and Anna Breen worked as a team to get to the finish in impressive times. Peter Stevens came within a few hundredths of a second of claiming the Wellington M55 10000m record. Hiro Tanimoto grimly held on to fourth place after a very fast start and several laps of painful grimace expressions. One exception to most people’s struggles, however, was Hamish Carson who ran a new personal best and the fastest time in New Zealand this year – results, photos and video
- Waterfront 5km PBs to Kasey McKinnon, Meg Fahey, Kath Littler, Fiona MacMaster. Megan Ferry – results and photos
Prizegiving, 16 November Newtown Park Function Room, 6pm
- We will celebrate another amazing year of achievements for the club on Saturday night. We have around 70 registrations at present, but we can fit in a few more. If you want to come but haven’t registered yet, please contact Marshall Clark. Tickets cost $35 for adults and $15 for children. We have invoiced all those who have registered, apart from a few members who paid early. If you registered but haven’t received your invoice, please also contact Marshall.
Ballantyne Memorial Cup, St James Sea Scout Hall, 7 December, 8am
- The Ballantyne Cup is a prestigious and long-standing Scottish trophy. By request, this year the club is going to run the Ballantyne Cup as a 10-mile race in early summer, along the Hutt River, and in the morning. There will also be a shorter 5-mile option. The 10-mile race goes up the east side of the riverbank path before crossing at the Fairway Drive Bridge in Avalon and returning down the west riverbank. The 5-mile race takes the same path but crosses at the earlier Ewan Bridge in Lower Hutt. Race starts at 8.30.
Lifestyle Sports Scottish Night of Miles, 14 December
- The Lifestyle Sports Scottish Night of Miles is an annual event organised by Wellington Scottish Running Club. It is a unique event full of Christmas fun and features races over the rarely run distance of one mile. Each year we collect donations ($5 suggested) from athletes and spectators then hand them on to a local Wellington charity. This year’s charity is the Mary Potter Hospice. The programme consists of a mix of children’s, senior elite and fun social events. There are several different mile races including elite men’s and women’s races and an all-comers mile that anyone can participate in (including Father Christmas). This year we are introducing a couple of new events: a Mile relay – teams of 4, each athlete running 400m (and a bit) to provide some fun at the end of the evening, prizes to any team that breaks the magical 4-minute mile! And the fastest Santa award – pop on a beard, Santa hat or full Santa suit and run the 100m or 200m – prizes to the fastest Santa this side of Lapland.
- Welcome to new member Rebecca Anderson!
- Thanks to everyone who donated to the Agency Group 10000m cake stall. Don’s sausage sizzle and Sharon’s cake stall raised $224 for the club.
- Our full events calendar is available on our website. It is also available as a Google Calendar that you can add to your own electronic diary.
Keep in touch with the club via:
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here