Short and sweet this week. If you are going to NZ Road Relays here is your checklist:
- Make sure you have a copy of the All You Need To Know document.
- Make sure you know who your team captain is (See the AYNTK doc).
- If you are going by van make sure you know what van you are in and when/where it leaves (See AYNTK again).
- If you a captain or driver, as indicated in AYNTK, and are not sure about anything, or want contact details for your passengers or team, contact me.
- If you have not paid your money yet contact Marshall.
- Start planning how you are going to yellow it up this weekend.
Options for the week
- Tuesday 6.15pm. Tuesday Night Session, Outside Freyberg Pool – contact Andy and Rowan for info, or check Facebook.
- Thursday 5.30pm. Thursday night run from the Kupe Statue – check Facebook for details.
- Friday-Sunday. New Zealand Road Relays in Feilding.
- Ben reports on the Capital City Duathlon: “Men’s race summary – Lucas crushed me on the bike. Women’s – Dani and Gemma frowned a lot, Anna looked like she was having way too much fun.” – results
- I couldn’t find any other results this week. But Mel Aitken probably raced something, somewhere.
NZ Road Relays, Feilding, 4-6 October
- See above.
Wairarapa Country Marathon, Half Marathon & Teams Relay 5km & 10km Fun Run/walk, 13 October
- The Wairarapa Country Half Marathon, in Masterton, serves as the Wellington Half Marathon Championships for 2019.
Baudinet Cup – Bernie Portenski Memorial, 26 October, 2pm
- The Bernie Portenski Memorial Cup in Titahi Bay is a 9.4km handicapped race to celebrate the end of the harrier season and to commemorate Bernie Portenski. While Bernie was a staunch Scottish member, she trained with and supported many members from other clubs. The overall winner on handicap will hold the Bernie Portenski Memorial Trophy for a year. Scottish members also compete on handicap for the Baudinet Cup and Ladies Open Handicap Cup. We assemble at St Timothy’s Presbyterian Church, 16 Te Pene Ave, Titahi Bay from about 1:30pm.
- Post-race we return to the church hall for an afternoon tea and prize-giving. The race starts at 2:05pm on the beach in front of the surf club at Titahi Bay.
The Agency Group 10000m Festival, 9 November
- The Agency Group 10000m is most popular 10,000m festival in New Zealand. Last year the Agency Group 10000m was a night of PBs for runners of all speeds – 40 percent of runners finished with a new best time. This year there will be running packs and pacers of many different speeds to drag you to your new PB. Races are open to men and women of all age grades. Entries open and free here.
- The Athletics Wellington Track and Field season opening day is on Saturday 12 October. This is free entry and open to anyone of college-age and over. You don’t have to be a club member. Please encourage friends and family to come along and have a go. People of all levels of fitness are welcome. Registration is on the day, but please come early. There will be a range of track events, plus field events like long jump, discus and shot put. There will be officials and helpers on hand to assist and ensure that the afternoon is fun. For details see: meeting programme and general information. Our club members Andy Ford and Marshall Clark are on the Track and Field Committee. They are keen for your support. Come along with some friends and give it a go.
- Fiona (Fi) Hayvice has been selected to represent New Zealand at the 2019 International Association of Ultrarunners (IAU) 24 Hour World Championships in Southern France (26/27 October). She is 100% committed to and motivated by the challenge of running as many kilometres as she can in 24 hours. Relying on 100% self-funding, Fi has organised Help Fi Fly: Fundraiser Movie at 3:15pm on Sunday 13 October (Penthouse Cinema, Brooklyn). Ride Like a Girl is the inspirational true story of Michelle Payne, the first female jockey to win the Melbourne Cup. Before this advanced screening a raffle will be drawn (cash sales prior) and hear Fi’s take on NEVER GIVE UP. Tickets are $25 via email@example.com. Bring the family/friends as this will be an inspiring outing for all! Additionally, donations can be made at https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/help-fi-fly-nz-flag-at-2019-24hr-world-champs
- Our full events calendar is available as a document that you can either read online or download. It is also available as a Google Calendar that you can add to your own electronic diary.
Keep in touch with the club via:
- Public Facebook page. And join the Scottish member Facebook group here