|Next Tuesday evening from Mac's Brewbar the Waterfront 5k series starts back up for the summer.
We will be having the weekly Waterfront 5k event, every Tuesday night* this summerfrom Taranaki Wharf, out around the Wonderful Wellington Waterfront to Point Jerningham and back.
We hope that you will be able to join us down on the Waterfront at some stage this summer.
So what do you need to know now?
Let us give you a run down of what is happening this summer...
What is new this summer?
This summer we have a few changes from last year - a quick summary is:
- One start time for all runners and walkers - 5:40pm
- We will be testing a single start time this summer for all runners
- Electronic payments for the Waterfront 5k are now acceptedonline (at any stage), and on the wharf on Tuesday nights
- Please note, there is a slight handling charge related to the electronic payment method, which we have absorbed on the multi-trip tickets, but does cause a fee difference for a single event, pay electronically $8 per event, or pay by cash and get a single event with a $1 discount - for $7.
- Cheaper Multi-trip tickets
- You can now buy 5, 10 & 20 trip tickets for the Waterfront 5k - which can save you money and time at each event
- Please note: you can elect to share your multi-trip tickets among your family members each night - they are not just for individual use
- Monthly major spot prizes
- Each month we will have a major spot prize which will be drawn at the last event of the month
- To be eligible for the major spot prize, you must have done at least 3 of the four events that month, and be there on the fourth night.
- For October, the major spot prize is a $200 voucher from Shoe Clinic
- Improved online results
- We are working through some improvements to the online results display and how they are communicated
- First up - we have added indicators to show whether you have achieved a season of 'lifetime' Personal bests, and also to indicate whether this is your first Waterfront 5k for the season or ever.
- Further updates will include adding into the results age group indicators