Entries opened for the Agency Group 10000m race today. Sign up now and run a PB on 9 November.
Options for the week
- Tuesday 6.15pm. Tuesday Night Session, Outside Freyberg Pool - contact Andy and Rowan for info, or check Facebook.
- Thursday 5.30pm. Thursday night run from the Kupe Statue - check Facebook for details.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun.
- Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park workout - contact Lindsay and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
- Saturday, 1.30pm, 3x3km Mini Ekiden, Bothamley Park. Meet at Corinna School 36 Kalingo St, Waitangirua beforehand in time to join a team before the race that begins at 2pm.
- Sunday 8.30am, Long pack runs - contact Lindsay and Ben for info, or check Facebook for details.
- At the NZ Half Marathon Championships in Dunedin Geoff Ferry ran 1.15 and was 2nd M35, Andrew Kerr ran 1.21 and was the champion M45, Conor Doherty-Craig ran 1.25, Dave Wilson ran 1.27, Daniel Rakic ran 1.35, Holly Barclay ran 1.40, Katie Murphy ran 1.44, and Isabel Ross ran 3.04. Mel Aitken won the Dunedin Marathon in 2.55, Matt Moloney was second in 2.35. In the 10km Loretta DeSoudry ran 1.02 and Megan Ferry ran 1.14. - results and news article
- Fiona Hayvice won the North Range Tararua 50km ultra race in 4:47:15 - results
- Sam McCutcheon was 7th in the Mont Blanc Ultra CCC 100km race in 11:15:20 - results and instagram
3x3km Cannons Creek Mini-Ekiden, 7 September, 2pm
- Time for some relay practice! This is a new event on our calendar. This three-person relay is run on the same park as the Bothamley Park Run. The course is a 3km out and back leg that each of three team members race. You turn up on the day and I will add you to a team (similar to how we did for the McVilly Shield at Karori Park at the start of the year). Meet beforehand at Corinna School.
Tanadees Cup, Kilbirnie Pool, 21 September, 2pm
- The Tanadees Cup is an 8km handicapped race around the Evans Bay/Balaena Bay waterfront. We meet beforehand at the Kilbirnie Pool then the race starts from the Wind Needle in Kilbirnie. It is a good opportunity for a flat road race to sharpen up before the New Zealand Road Relays.
NZ Road Relays, Feilding, 4-6 October
- The New Zealand Road Relays are the highlight of the year and this year they are in Feilding on 5 October. Scottish organises transport to and from Feilding/Palmerston North and around the race, race entry, accommodation and dinner on Saturday night. We subsidise the cost for everyone. So that you pay a flat fee of $190 if you are competing or $150 if you are a supporter. You can express your interest in going on the trip by completing this form: https://forms.gle/NhmVb21v7psp1rRT8
Keep in touch with the club via: