There won't be a weekly newsletter next week due to Easter holidays. Enjoy the break everyone.
- Options for the fortnight
- Around the tracks (results)
- Upcoming events
- Events calendar
Options for the fortnight
- 16/4 Tuesday 6.15pm. Tuesday Night Session, Outside Freyberg Pool - contact Andy and Rowan for info or check Facebook
- 18/4 Thursday 5.30pm. Thursday Trails from Woodward Street. Generally 60 minutes on trails, sometimes a bit more / sometimes a bit less. - contact Emma for info or check Facebook
- 20/4 Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park Workout - contact Lindsay and Ben for info or check Facebook
- 20/4 Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun
- 20/4 Saturday 2:00pm, Club pack runs from clubrooms - contact Simon for details
- 21/4 Sunday 8.30am, Sunday Run - contact Lindsay and Ben for info or check Facebook
- 23/4 Tuesday 6.15pm. Tuesday Night Session, Outside Freyberg Pool - contact Andy and Rowan for info or check Facebook
- 25/4 Thursday 8am ANZAC Day K Park tempo session. Contact Andrew for details.
- 25/4 Thursday 5.30pm. Thursday Trails from Woodward Street. Generally 60 minutes on trails, sometimes a bit more / sometimes a bit less. - contact Emma for info or check Facebook
- 27/7 Saturday, 8.00am, Karori Park Workout - contact Lindsay and Ben for info or check Facebook
- 27/4 Saturday, 8.00am, Lower Hutt 5km Parkrun, Porirua 5km Parkrun, Kapiti Coast 5km Parkrun
- 27/4 Saturday, Shaw Baton Relays 1pm, Battle Hill Regional Park - contact Lindsay and Ben for info or check Facebook
- 28/4 Sunday 8.00am, Three Peaks Event 1 - The Southern Belter
Around the tracks (results)
- Waitarere Great Forest Runs - Half marathon: Bill Twiss 1:26:30 - 1st M 50-54, Brad Wong 1:29:15 - 2nd M35-39, Dion Gamperle 1:30:23 - 10th M0-34, Chandima Kulathilake 1:32:15 - 3rd M 40-44, Carla Denneny 1:36:24 4th F35-39, Sam Ellison 1:39:01 - 10th M0-34, Megan Fahey 1:50:41 15th - F 0-34. 10km: Matt Bonner 36:02 - 1st M 16-34, Andrew Kerr 37:35 1st - M 45-49, Liam Jones 38:23 3rd M 16-34, Jimmy Valentine 45:07 - 2nd M 0-15, Michael Eyre 44:25 - 3rd M 35-39, Kristin Dovey: 43:35 1st F 16-34, Peter Murmu 45:51 - 4th M 35-39. - Results
- New Zealand and Wellington Mountain Champs, Wainuiomata High School - Dougal Thorburn (2nd SM & 1st M35 & 1st MM in Wellington Champs), Harry Burnard (3rd SM & 1st SM in Wellington Champs), Stephen Day (2nd M40 & 3rd SM in Wellington Champs), Tom Sawyer (5th SM in Wellington Champs), Walter Somerville (7th SM in Wellington Champs), Jerome Edwards (3rd M40 & 8th MM in Wellington Champs), Jim Jones (2nd M50 & 1stM50 in Wellington Champs), Michael Wray (3rd M50 & 2nd M50 in Wellington Champs), Glen Wallis (6th M55 & 9th M50 in Wellington Champs), Jess Kikstra (2nd SW & 1st SW in Wellington Champs), Ayesha Shafi (3rd SW in Wellington Champs), Tina Faulkner (1st W35 & 2nd MW in Wellington Champs), Marketa Langova (4th W35 & 9th MW in Wellington Champs),Mel Aitken (1st W40 & 1st MW in Wellington Champs), Lyn Clark (1st W50 & 2nd W50 in Wellington Champs), Sharon Wray (3rd W50 & 6th in Wellington Champs), Loretta Desourdy (3rd W60 & 3rd W60 in Wellington Champs) - Results and photos/write-up
- Xterra Orongorongo. Long Course Mel Aitken 2:00:30 (first woman), Tim Noble 2:06:12, Karl Jackson 2:15:28, Steve Aitken 2:28:06, Medium Course: Alistair Collow 1:36:35, Ayse Terzioglu 1:43:15, Emma Sturmfels 1:43:25, Hermaleigh Townsley 1:45:57, Michelle Knight 1:47:33, Isobel Deeley 1:56:12, Lindsay Young 2:00:52, Sharon Wray 2:14:24. Short Course: Lucy Fauth 36:29, Fiona Hayvice 48:22, Spike Hayvice 52:10, - Results and photos
- Those were a lot of results! And so I have undoubtedly missed some people on this busy weekend. If you know results that we should note in the weekly news please send them to me before Monday evening and I'll make sure to include them each week.
Shaw Baton Relays - 27 April
- Teams of four race in 2.1km each of hills, horse jumps, ditches, fences and the spectator favourite water pit. The Shaw Baton Relay is the first interclub event of the season. It is hosted by Olympic Harriers and takes place at Pauatahanui's Battle Hill Farm Park. If you are keen please contact your captains Lindsay and Ben for info and to be put in a team.
Three Peaks Event 1, The Southern Belter - 28 April
- An iconic series of three winter events open to anyone who want to experience varied running/walking trails covering 9 iconic peaks of Wellington. Check out the Wellington 3 Peaks Facebook Page for updates on each event. Event One starts from Wellington Scottish Club rooms and traverses the folling three peaks: Mount Albert > Atatürk Memorial > Mount Crawford Prison.
University Relays - 11 May
- Teams of four race in 3.7 km each over soft sandy cross country and farmland. The University Relay is hosted by VUW Athletics Club and takes place at Queen Elizabeth Park at Mackay's Crossing in Paekakariki. If you are keen please contact your captains Lindsay and Ben for info and to be put in a team.
Scottish Short Course Mountain Champs - 18 May
- Wellington Scottish's very own mountain running champs in the back hills of Crofton Downs. The races come in a variety of distances and heights to suit anyone, but they all involve uphills! Contact Glen for details.
- On Sunday 19 May at Freyberg 9 am, Wellington Harrier Athletic Club is hosting a 5km and 10km Julian Davidson Memorial Fundraiser for Julian's widow and two young children. Wellington runner Julian passed away on Christmas Eve in Edinburgh. WHAC welcomes as many people to this event to celebrate his life and support the family who are expected to return to Wellington this winter. More info next month.
- The Athletics Wellington Board are asking for expressions of interest for the roles of Chairpersons of the three athletics subcommittees. These are the Junior Track & Field, Senior Track and Field and Cross Country and Road. The tenure of the committee chair is for a period of 2 years and once appointed the Chair will then appoint the respective committee members which may include existing committee members. Expression of interest in the form of an email with a brief paragraph as to suitability is all that is required. Expressions of interest are due by 30 April 2019 via email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any question please email Board Chair email@example.com or call 0274513931
- Please renew your membership on our online membership system now - you just need a credit/debit card. If you want to take advantage of the discounted friends deal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pay you a $15 rebate to existing members for any new member you have introduced plus we will give your friend who has joined a $15 rebate.
Keep in touch with the club via: