We are back running next Tuesday evening and we have a few improvements for this summer based on feedback from the survey responses from the end of last year
So we would love to see you next Tuesday evening from Mac's Brewbar as theWaterfront5k series starts back up for the summer.
We will be having the weeklyWaterfront5k event, every Tuesday night* this summerfrom Taranaki Wharf, out around the Wonderful WellingtonWaterfrontto Point Jerningham and back. (except for Dec 26th & Jan 2nd - you know that period where everyone is overindulging and probably we should be trying to get in some exercise!)
We hope that you will be able to join us down on theWaterfrontat some stage this summer.
So what do you need to know now?
Let us give you a run down of what is happening this summer...
What is new this summer?
This summer we have a few changes from last year - a quick summary is:
- One start time for all runners and walkers - Initially this will be at 5:40pm
- Electronic (tag) timing will be trialled this summer with theWaterfront5k - Oh yeah!
- Yep - we are look at testing electronic timing for this season - see if it makes things quicker and easier for getting results up for you - we know how everyone loves to see their times!
- So, watch out for it!
- Registered last season, gonna run this summer? - Let's make it easy for you!
- If your details haven't changed since last season - sweet!, that means we have you details already - so, no need to do new paperwork when you turn up in October - we just need to issue you with a new bib for this season! - How simple could that be?? (the only catch is you need to remember who you are!)
- Macs Brewbar is getting more involved this summer
- the first change you will notice for this is - on the back of your bibs for this season - after the run we are able to get 25% of any drinks or food fromthe Brewbar - Yay! - Stay around and socialise with us!
- Multi-trip tickets - are back again
- If you want to get ahead of the game and prepay for multiple events like last season - then please go online and buy 5, 10 & 20 trip tickets for theWaterfront5k
- And yes - you can share your multi-trip amongst family members! you - they are not just for individual use
During Daylight savings, we run the Waterfront5k series, on the amazing WellingtonWaterfront.
- First event is:3rdOctober 2017
- Last event is:March 27th 201\8
- 24 events over 26 weeks
- Note:No events on Dec 26th or Jan 2nd (due to Festive times!)
TheWaterfront5k is based from Taranaki Wharf each Tuesday Evening
- Registration:outsideMacs Brewbar (unless wet) from 5pm
- Race start:Te Papa side of the diving platform on TaranakiWharf at 5:40pm (initially)
Thecost remain the same as last summer, which is
Single event:$8 online (or electronic on the night), or $7 cash on the night
- Multiple events:(note: these can beused by the whole family - they are not just for one person each)
- 5 events - $30
- 10 events - $55
- 20 events - $100
In return for this, you get:
- accurately measured course
- results posted online later that evening
- chance to win in the nightly spot prizes
- if you do 3 or more events each month, the chance to win the monthly major spot prizes (valued `$200 each month)
How to enter
There are a couple of(easy) ways to sign up for aWaterfront5k this summer.
You only need to register once for the season, after that you just need to turn up, sign in and pay for your run
- Option 1:Turn up for your first night, and sign up & pay then before you run
Butto make it simpler?
- Option 2:Pre register onlinenow, this will save you time on the night - And using online, you can elect to pay via electronic means for a single event or multiple events.
We look forward to seeing you at theWaterfront5k at some stage this summer!
Come down and have some fun, catch up with friends, or have a hard & fast mid-week speed session!
Yours, one 5k at a time,