Join the Wellington running and walking club that caters for all abilities and levels. We have membership options to suit your goals. Whether you like to run on roads or prefer trail running we have something for all levels and abilities.
Please email email@example.com to join.
Standard membership $185
Our standard membership gives runners and walkers the following benefits for a full year:
- Personalised coaching advice for runners of all abilities from one of Wellington Scottish's qualified and experienced coaches. Our coaches can help you get started in setting a goal and achieving the goal.
- Free entry into a year's worth of the Wellington region's most iconic interclub running events, including the infamous Vosseler Shield the historic Dorne Cup, the Shaw Baton relay and many more.
- Friendly club members who will train together with you at your own pace, showing you some of Wellington's best running routes.
- A guaranteed place in one of the friendly Scottish teams at relay events throughout the year, both in Wellington and for our iconic road relay trip to Feilding.
- Group speed and technique sessions, on the waterfront, at Karori Park and Newtown Athletics track.
- Free entry to our club races which are organised during the season, for you to try out competitive running within a friendly, club environment.
- Regular news bulletins with advice, upcoming events and connecting you to local events and other runners.
- Access to our Facebook private discussion group which connects you to all our club members.
- Membership of Athletics New Zealand.
- Access to Supporters Trust and funding to compete at events if you are an elite athlete.
- Access to our clubrooms. Our recently refurbished clubrooms are conveniently located at Prince of Wales Park, Mt Cook, with access to off road parking
Non-Racing Membership $110
Club and inter club races are for runners and walkers of all speeds and abilities. Wellington's inter club relays and races are some of the most social running occasions of the year, so we encourage new members to try our standard membership.
However, if you do not want to participate in interclub races, relays, track and field or our away trip to National Road Relays you can join Scottish as a non-racing member. You still get all the benefits listed above except free entry into interclub races, relays and track and field events. You will not be eligible to compete at Athletics NZ events and will not get Supporters Trust funding. You will be able to enter some interclub events paying entry as you go, and you can always upgrade to standard membership throughout the year.