Wellington Scottish Athletics Club 2016 Awards was concluded with a gathering of its club members recently.
Here are the recipients of key awards that was presented to members of the club for their outstanding achievements in 2016 season.
- Best Performances in a Marathon Dougal Thorburn 2:24:51 - Christchurch, Katie Kemp 2:40:05 - Gold Coast
- Island Bay Trophy - contribution to walking Bob Gardner
- Attendance badges Helen Willis, Glen Wallis
- Personality of the Year James Turner
- Walking - Best All Rounder Terri Grimmett
- Valued Services Trophy Don Stevens
- Fred Silver Memorial Trophy Stephen Day Tim Hodge Harry Burnard & Lindsay Barwick
- Melville Awards Men Tim Hodge, Women Amanda Broughton
Detailed awards list can be downloaded in PDF format - Wellington Scottish Athletics Club 2016 Awards - WLG-Scottish2016Awards.pdf
Running with Wellington Scottish.
Wellington Running Club, Scottish Athletics is one of New Zealand’s largest running clubs. The club is open to all levels of runners from beginners to elite level. Our Wellington running club prides itself on being the friendly running club in the Wellington running community. There is a strong social element and plenty of interaction between various social and competitive groups across the club.
For more information about running in Wellington with Scottish please visit http://www.scottishathletics.org.nz/